October 13, 2009

12 weeks and 24 pounds!!!


OK, this is where rottie pups start driving me nuts. As Gus continues incredible growth spurts the looks you get day to day drive me nuts. I worry his muzzle is too long or his legs are too long for the body. How are his bite and hips doing? Blah, Blah, Blah. I cannot help it....I always want the perfect dog in looks and work but all I can do is wait until about 18 months to see what I am going to get. The very hard, cold truth is there are no perfect dogs, but a person can always try and hope, right? Work wise is my problem....if he isn't a good dog in that regard I can look in the mirror to blame someone. He is healing and doing an auto sit pretty well at this point so we are going in the right direction. He is still a baby and likes keeping me busy with his wanton desire to cause havoc!!!