December 22, 2009

I won the pad, I am keeping it!!!



Here our boy is "protecting" his bite pad after a tug of war session. He still is having lots of pain with his teething which I thought was over but is not. His ears lay good one day and go crazy the next which is due to teething. He has just had a horrible time with this. I think he is doing this to drive me crazy. Give the little guy his due as it is working. Every time I get the tape out the ears go back to where they belong. Things are not so good as we continue training. He is without doubt the smartest Rott I have ever owned,  which is saying a bunch, as I have had some great ones. However, he is also the most stubborn, and at the same time a little nervous. I have always had problems training dogs that were stubborn, smart and skittish at the same time. In no way am I giving up as I still think I have a good dog but as I said in an earlier blog I get really nervous with all of them at this age as I am always seeking and expecting a great dog. At twenty-two weeks there are lots of questions.



Gus having some fun in the snow. The little guy loves seeing how much he can eat while running around.