July 17, 2010

Doggie Daze and Summer Fun at the Island


Heck with photos...Lets swim!!!!


If I had a tail I could turn better!!


Gus is really eating up this lake life. Tooo hot to do much other then cool off in the lake. Last September I put him in the lake (paw deep) and he freaked! This summer he started off just as paranoid but with each trip to the island he would have more and more fun. He now swims quite well and loves to chase his kong and me for that matter. He also feels quite at home sticking his whole head underwater looking for sticks. The only problems with him liking the lake so much are everytime we let him out he wants to run down and go for a dip and then we have a smelly, wet dog to deal with.The other problem is if we take him swimming we have to make sure we will be home for about the next three hours as he takes in so much water he has to potty every five minutes for a long time! LOL 

He is about four days from his first birthday and I will take a (pretty) photo of our boy. He is holding steady at eighty pounds or so which scares me a little as I want him larger than that at maturity. He still has about six months to mature so I am hoping for another growth spurt soon.Just seems he should have slowed down growing at about one hundred pounds but we will see.