July 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Gus!!!!!



No, Gus doesn't get paid to promote this food but he should. It is about time he made his mom and I some money instead of spending ours. LOL  Gus and I figure as good as the Holistic makes him look and as much as he loves the taste we can throw them an occasional bone. We get cake and Gus gets a can of soft food mixed in his dry food for his birthday and I bet he loves it more then any darn cake. Sometimes I feel dumb for feeding him what I feel is top of the line food to only turn around and see him polishing off some dead fish or animal! LOL 


Here is the "Pretty" photo I promised the other day. At least I think he is looking fine. As I said the other day he is running a little smaller than he probably should at his age but he seems very healthy and so far the hips seem to be okay as well. Couple that with a heart the size of Texas and I will take that over size anytime.


Pretty boy in yet another photo. I still rank him as the smartest Rott I have owned but unfortunately also the most stubborn! Always trying to "out-smart" me and usually in the presence of others when he knows I am more preoccupied with company then following up on training......but don't fear as I always do. He just likes to make me look bad. He finally has come out of alot of his skittish stage and July fourth was a good example. I was scared to death being surrounded by fireworks Gus would go nuts but he didn't bat an eye. He is still and always been ready to fight the neighborhood "bullies" that charge us when WE walk down the road on the leash. Now that he is bigger than most of them they seem less interested in calling his bluff. Happy 1st Birthday Gus.......the first of what I hope is many.